Meilleur groupe de Rock de tous les temps !

close
FILTRES DE LA RECHERCHE

fretless

Petit causeur
47 messages
Pour finir, en ce qui me concerne sur ce sujet, la question était de dire quel est le meilleur groupe (ou artiste) de la musique rock.

Pour être le meilleur, il faut avoir inventé, créé, fait rêvé, avoir l'esprit rock, avoir inspiré tout ceux qui sont encore là...

UN SEUL correspond à ces critères et tant d'autres....c'est ZAPPA n'en déplaise à la grande grande majorité qui ne connait pas sa, ses , musiques et inventions...

fretless

Petit causeur
47 messages
fightforfun a écrit :
"les Red Hot en plus d'être des usurpateurs de musique un peu fusion entre rock et funk (comme le faisait en France FFF 15 ans avant....) sont des gens d'un racisme exacerbé qui les a conduit à faussement dénoncé des pauvres blacks pour deal alors qu'ils faisaient parti du système... "

Fait attention a se que tu dis , sa je doute que se sois vrai .

George Clinton a produis leur album je pense pas qu'il soit pour la production de groupe racistes .

faudrais arrêté de dire n'importe quoi .

oups j'ai fait gourance en effet, j'ai confondu deux groupes incomparables en effet...les red et les guns....à la mémoire me fait défaut....

concernant fff ce n'était le sens que je voulais faire passer, mais mal exprimé pour dire que partout dans le monde les années 80 ne sont que copie des stars des seventies

syle

God of Partoch
23 photos
22897 messages
Modérateur
fretless
fretless a écrit :
Pour finir, en ce qui me concerne sur ce sujet, la question était de dire quel est le meilleur groupe (ou artiste) de la musique rock.

Pour être le meilleur, il faut avoir inventé, créé, fait rêvé, avoir l'esprit rock, avoir inspiré tout ceux qui sont encore là...

UN SEUL correspond à ces critères et tant d'autres....c'est ZAPPA n'en déplaise à la grande grande majorité qui ne connait pas sa, ses , musiques et inventions...

Bah, là encore, c'est une question de goûts, de sensibilité...
Perso, Zappa, je connais très bien... une ex me mettait ça en boucle... à mon grand désespoir car je ne supporte absolument pas (attention, je dis pas que c'est mauvais pour autant, hein ?)

Pour ce qui est de tes critères (Pour être le meilleur, il faut avoir inventé, créé, fait rêvé, avoir l'esprit rock, avoir inspiré tout ceux qui sont encore là...), ça correspond aussi parfaitement (et même beaucoup plus) à Keith Richards, Rory Gallagher, Hendrix... Ou, plus ancien, Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry... ou plus vieux encore, Charlie Christian... voire même Robert Johnson...

A vendre : rack chorus/flanger analogique Roland SBF-325 --> 320 €
Baston ? http://the-syle.labrute.com
Joueurs de Croquemonster : création de syndicat partochard --> MP
Les Paul................ 1915 - 2009 , sans lui et bien il y aurais pas grand monde non plus .

syle

God of Partoch
23 photos
22897 messages
Modérateur
???
Honnêtement, et avec tout le respect que je lui dois, Les Paul, je vois mal ce qu'on lui doit musicalement parlant, ni qui il a bien pu influencer...

On lui dois la Gibson qui porte son nom .

Voila qui il a influencé :

Slash said, "Les Paul was a shining example of how full one's life can be, he was so vibrant and full of positive energy. I'm honored and humbled to have known and played with him over the years, he was an exceptionally brilliant man."

Joe Satriani said, "Les Paul set a standard for musicianship and innovation that remains unsurpassed. He was the original guitar hero, and the kindest of souls. Last October I joined him onstage at The Iridium club in NYC, and he was still shredding. He was and still is an inspiration to us all."

U2's The Edge said, "Les Paul disproves the cliché that you can only be famous for one thing. His legacy as a musician and inventor will live on and his influence on rock and roll will never be forgotten."

Keb' Mo' said, “He's a guy who played right up to the end, that's what we all want to do! With his brilliant playing and invention of multi track recording, Les Paul changed the face of music history."

Bootsy Collins said, "Yes, it is very painful when you lose a man, his music, and his everyday presence here on this planet called earth. For us musicians that knew the bar that this man Mr. Les Paul set, not only for guitar players but for music in general, especially rock music, the world will never be the same. His famous Gibson Les Paul brand Guitar's are still to this day the number one hottest rock guitar on the market. I got the opportunity in 1991 to do a session with Mr. Paul when I was with Dee-Lite, we did a song called: "A little More of Les". yes, one of my corky titles of course, but It was such an inspiration to be in the presence of such greatness, he will be sadly missed by many. We love you Les!"

Joan Jett said, "I, and everyone at Blackheart Records, mourn the passing of our dear friend, Les Paul. He was a genius inventor, musical innovator, and a wonderful person. Without the advances he pioneered, the recording sciences and the electric guitar would have been left years behind. I will miss him so much."

Ace Frehley said, "The music industry has lost a giant! I'm very saddened by the news of Les Paul's passing. I was lucky enough to have known Les as a friend, and admired him as a musician and innovator. He forever changed the way we listen to music."

Butch Walker said, "Les Paul... I will always owe you.. bigtime..."

Billy Gibbons said, "Les Paul brought six strings to electricity and electricity to six strings. Les Paul was an innovator, a groundbreaker, a risk taker, a mentor and a friend. Try to imagine what we'd be doing if he hadn't come along and changed the world. There will always be more Les to come. That's certified."

Keith Urban said, “I have a mix of emotions today. On one hand, I am deeply saddened at Les Paul’s passing, and on the other a feeling of incredible gratitude and awe for his unquantifiable contribution to the world of music. His name adorns so many of the creations that I communicate through every night out here on the road...He is also very present every time I set foot in the studio and am able to lay multiple tracks as I record, when I use echo, etc., the list of his inventions, in addition to his famous signature model Gibson, are extraordinary. I also feel that even in his nineties, the fact he was still playing every Monday night in New York is perhaps the most beautiful and inspiring achievement of all. As Vince Gill would say, “Go rest high on that mountain Les...cause son, your work on earth is done.”

Joe Perry said, "As a guitarist and a fan of music in general, I know the amazing contributions Les Paul made in his lifetime to the art of making music. I think if the general public knew how much of that influence is heard every day in the music that they listen to, they would be amazed. He was a true genius. The few times that I had met him, he made me feel like I had known him forever. He was always sharp, ready to rock and he was always talking about his next gig. Knowing that he is not walking the earth anymore is sad and I have lost a friend. But every time I pick up a guitar I’ll know that his spirit is alive and well right next to me. "

Derek Trucks said, "Les Paul played until the day he died. I admire that... That's the way you live a life."

On his many achievements Derek Trucks said, "You could take any one of the many things he did and it would have been enough for most people. Inventing multi-tracking and then the 1st great solid body electric guitar. The amount of things he pulled off is pretty astounding."

Mick Jones said, “As a child I was introduced to the sound of Les Paul through my parent's record collection. It was a spellbinding moment when I first heard ‘How High The Moon’ featuring Mary Ford. His innovation and recording techniques contributed greatly to the creation of Rock music.”

Rickey Medlocke said, "I'm so thankful that this guy was such an incredible genius for developing such a great guitar. I am a 3rd generation Gibson user and I always will be. God bless Les Paul."

Tad Kubler said, "There are very few human beings in history that touched so many people the way Les Paul did. He shared his gifts with everyone and brought people together with his brilliance and devotion to music and the art of sound. It was a privilege to have met him. He will be incredibly missed. But our blessing is to know his spirit and soul will live for eternity in music everywhere."

Mark Knopfler said, "The world of music today would look very different without the many contributions of Les Paul. He was a recording pioneer and inventor as well as a great, influential player. His developments helped play a part in taking the guitar from a muted orchestral and dance band accompaniment role to the forefront."

"It is fitting that the most popular Gibson Les Paul model was named the Standard, as for many years it has been one of a very few guitars recognized as a genuine classic. While some original Standards have reached stratospheric prices, the guitar is still being produced by Gibson (to a high standard) and sold in large numbers today, as much in demand by young players as ever."

Wes Scantlon said, "Les and I have the same birthday – it is an honor to have been born on the same day as such a genius guitarist, innovator and human being"

Neil Portnow (President/CEO of The Recording Academy®) said, "Three-time GRAMMY® winner Les Paul was a musical mastermind whose innovations in electric guitar and recorded music are unparalleled. A 1983 Trustees Award recipient and a 2001 Technical GRAMMY Award recipient, his career and contributions to popular music will forever be celebrated, and will continue to influence future generations of musicians. His magnetic charm and sunny disposition matched his incredible skill set, and he will always be remembered with great fondness, humility, and respect. The music industry has lost a true innovator and legend."

Terry Stewart (President of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum) said, "Without Les Paul, we would not have rock and roll as we know it," said Terry Stewart, president and CEO of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. “His inventions created the infrastructure for the music and his playing style will ripple through generations. He was truly an architect of rock and roll."

Elliott Easton said, "I am deeply saddened by the passing of Les Paul. It is simply impossible to overstate the impact he has had on the modern world and our culture. There are those that refer to Les as "the Thomas Edison of Music Technology". To me that is inadequate. Thomas Edison never invented a device that could make the world fall in love with you. There isn't a person working in the music industry today that doesn't benefit in some way from Les' pioneering work."

Brian Wilson said, "Les Paul and Mary Ford were among my most favorite musicians in the 50's. He was the first guy to do multi guitar multi track recording and that turned me on to guitars and stacking vocals for our records."

Johnny A. said, "I am personally very saddened by the passing of Mr. Les Paul. As well as being such an iconic figure in the world of music, as a player and inventor, Les was truly a gentleman with an unbeatable sense of humor. It has been my honor to have known and played with him. His spirit will surely be missed."

Richie Sambora said, "Les lived a very long life and he got to a lot of his goals, so I'm happy for him in that respect. ... At least he realized that he was a legend in his own time while he was alive". "He was revolutionary in the music business."

Paul Stanley said, "The name Les Paul is iconic and is known by aspiring and virtuoso guitar players worldwide. That guitar is the cornerstone of a lot of great music that has been made in the last 50 years."

John Mayer said, “Remembering Les Paul today. Just happened to have his namesake Gibson around my shoulder the last few days. Pictures of Les Paul all over the studio today. Very special day in here. You should wiki his life. Pretty amazing.”

Emmylou Harris said, "Les Paul not only changed music, he changed the world."

Tom DeLonge said, "A true musical pioneer whose inventions and innovations have influenced every facet, genre, and spectrum of the industry. The world may have lost an icon, but his name and legacy will live on forever. Thanks Les."

Neal Schon said, "I was deeply sorrowed this morning by the new that my dear friend Les Paul had passed. Not only was he THE inventor of the electric guitar but the master of the guitar . I will always cherish the times I spent with Les playing and hanging. Truly one of the funniest best human beings I have ever met. He will be deeply missed but not forgotten. R.I.P. Les, see you in the next one...Much love and admiration."

Moby said, "A sad start to the list, as Les Paul died today. Les was an amazing man who invented, well, everything that made the birth of rock and roll possible. He essentially invented the electric guitar and multi-track recording technology, without which we wouldn't really have any of the records that we all grew up with. Les had a long and amazing life and he was a gracious and decent man. Goodbye, Les."

Nikki Sixx said, “Les Paul was a man way ahead of his time, a true inventor and truly honest artist that has touched all of our lives in one way or another... My heart goes out to his family and friends...”

Scott Stapp said, "My thoughts and Prayers are with the family of Les Paul who passed today. A legend in music who's impact will forever be heard. Every Gibson Les Paul will pay tribute every time it's played."

Nile Rodgers said, "The entire cast of recording performers and listeners alike owe praise to Les Paul, a genius that helped make it all possible."

Peter Frampton said, "There is no one as important as Les Paul when it comes to guitar playing and multi-track recording! Oh yes, but that's just the man. Then, there is his other amazing legacy - THE Les Paul guitar !! He invented that too!

It is truly a sad day to hear we have lost this giant of the music world, with his huge heart and wonderful sense of humor. I really don't know how he had the time to do all the things he achieved in one lifetime. Still playing shows till recently shows us how his passion for his guitar and music kept him the youngest 94 year old musician ever born.

I will miss that beaming smile and those encouraging words he always had for us players. Les, what an honor it is to have known you."

Bob Ezrin said, "Before any of us did anything, Les had already done everything. Without him, there would be no modern recording industry. He is truly the father of everyone who ever pushed a record button or picked up a guitar."

Joe Don Rooney said, “I am saddened to hear about the loss of the founder and the inventor of the greatest guitars ever built … so much that, I will play his guitars with a conviction and passion through the years to come with a fervor and depth, that my finger tips will let his history sound throughout the masses with a truth that is undeniable!”

DJ Ashba said, “You have been and always will be a true inspiration to the world of music. You were truly a gift from God, and It is good to know that there is going to be great music in heaven. I thank you for the gift that keeps giving. Much love and respect to you and your family. RIP ~ Rock in Peace.“

Frankie Sullivan said, "All guitarists of all genre’s mourn perhaps our greatest loss of all, Les Paul. I cannot even fathom being a guitarist/recording artist without the invention and many inspirations over the course of the history of not just the guitar, but the process of mutli track recording. Most of all, we will all certainly miss the sprit and inspiration that effected us all when this great man played what became the greatest most treasured guitar of all time, “The Les Paul!” At the ripe young age of 17 years old I had the opportunity and honor to be invited by Dan Hagadorn of DJ’s Music, to play on a show that featured Les Paul. Meeting him, chatting with him, and watching him show us not only his amazing ability as a player but how he began the method of multi track recording blew me away! Where would any of us be without Les Paul?"

Tom Morello said, “RIP Les Paul-thank you for the instruments that changed the course of music. If u have ever “rocked” or “been rocked” you can thank Les Paul.”

Tommy Shaw said, “I played with Les a couple of times at "Iridium" on the West Side near Lincoln Center. The last time he handed me his customized "Studio" Les Paul to play. There were lots of little toggle switches all around where you'd normally expect to see knobs to turn. He reached over to give me a hand and I couldn't help but marvel at the irony of Les Paul handing me HIS Les Paul and then showing me how to adjust it. We then played a slow swingin' rendition of Hoagy Carmichael and Stuart Gorell's" Georgia On My Mind." He was ever watchful, appreciated you giving it everything you had and was never shy about calling you out if you didn't. He was also a tireless meeter and greeter. He'd play two shows and after each one he'd stay and take photos and sign memorabilia for every last person who was willing to wait in line. Simply a remarkable man.”

Billy Morrison said, "Les Paul changed the sound of music forever, and consequently changed my life and millions of other musicians around the world. To me, Rock music IS a Gibson Les Paul, slung low and turned up loud. The iconic imagery speaks for itself - Jimmy Page, Slash, Steve Jones, Pete Townsend, Eric Clapton.... Rock And Roll and Les Paul are inextricably linked. From his phenomenal playing to his unique and timeless design, Les Paul was an innovative and talented man. It is hard to imagine a longer lasting, more important legacy than the Gibson Les Paul guitar. Thank you for the music, Les. May you Rest In Peace."

Devon Allman said, "Les Paul's gifts to music as a whole were innumerable. He actually GAVE to music, where most try to GET something from music. He was a gentleman, a visionary, an innovator, an inventor, and one hell of a musician. Absolutely the Babe Ruth of music....a true American icon."

Bruce Kulick said, "Les Paul was a true legend. To be such a unique guitarist, and be the inventor of multitrack recording, as well as various unique effects that are such a huge part of the music we love, is a testament to his importance in the music world. Of c ourse we can never forget his creation of the solid body electric guitar with his name adorned on the headstock beneath the Gibson logo! He loved playing music, and respected all the great musicians that used the instrument he made iconic. Les, you will be missed but never forgotten."

Jann Klose said, "I had the opportunity to sit in with Les Paul and his band on a Monday night at the Iridium in New York City a few years ago. Our mutual pal Joey Reynolds had introduced us. We did one of my favorites, 'Summertime.' His band was stellar. Les surrounded himself with some of the greatest players I had ever heard. After the show we hung out for a bit. He was kind, gentle and forthcoming when I asked him what he thought of my singing. I was very self-conscious but ultimately deeply humbled by the experience and am very thankful I got to meet him and play with him."

Joe Deninzon said, "I had the pleasure and honor of sitting in with Les Paul a few years back for one of his weekly Iridium gigs. Even though only a few of his fingers worked on his left hand, the passion, soul, and melodic ideas were still there. He was also very sharp and funny on stage and off. Anyone who ever picks up a guitar or overdubs tracks on their albums owes a debt of gratitude to this pioneer. I want to be just like Les Paul when I'm in my nineties. He played his ass off until the end and went out rockin'! A true hero in my book."

Mark Harper said, "When you live among creators or inventors of things that we use daily it is a blessing! Les Paul made the way for multi track recording, and changed the way we hear, record, and process music. It was written that Les Paul created rock & roll.....he didn't! But he gave rock & roll its character and allowed music to be heard and felt in amazing ways. I think the "Les Paul" speaks for itself!"

Doug Grean said, "I saw Les Paul play at Fat Tuesdays in NYC in the late 1980's. He was astonishing. At the time I thought it was amazing that a man his age could still be gigging regularly, a realization that in later years became moot. He played great. But what I noticed the most was how good of a showman he was, he was funny and entertaining. I remember there was a young (semi-famous) budding shredder there who's publicist had set a "spur of the moment" "Jam" that was really a photo op for the kid. It was great to watch how Les handled him. He blew the kid away, worked him into the act both musically and comedicly, and the kid walked away happy and unaware that he had just be "worked". I appreciate the solid body electric guitar and multitrack recording but the mad skills he displayed that night are what I will always remember when I think of Les Paul."

Dave Navarro, "Les is single handedly responsible for the direction and evolution of the modern rock movement. Period. If you are a fan of modern music, you owe Les Paul an enormous THANK YOU!"

Don Miggs said, "I used to promise myself that every trip back home to NY should be capped off with seeing Les perform. I knew he wasn't going to be around forever and seeing him was a "must-do." Sadly, I never made good on my promise but one night I was walking into a deli and who do I see? Yup. My palms went sweaty, my tongue felt thick and I got a pit in my stomach, but I stopped him with a grunt of some sort. He looked me square in eye like "don't miss this moment," and I gulped and said, "It's because of you I can put food on my family's table, thank you," and he said, "You've done that for yourself, son, but thank you." And he was gone. Ah, Les, thank you thank you."

Randy Bachman said, "I am deeply touched by the passing of Les Paul who I first met in 1959. As a guitarist, composer, electronic innovator and inventor he was beyong genius and there was none other like him. He was a true musical gift from God to the world and spent his life honoring that gift. I proudly play my Les Paul guitars every night on stage and never forget the moments we shared."

Gary Rossington said, "I am very saddened to hear about the passing of Les Paul, he was an amazing guitarist. I play a Les Paul guitar every night and it's the best sounding guitar ever made. I have a framed t-shirt on my wall, signed by Les Paul that I admire when I'm at home, Les was the best!"

Justin Jurman said, "I met Les at his 90th Birthday celebration at The Iridium in NYC. He was an absolute gentlemen and made time to speak individually with all of the fans. I just remember thinking that this man is a complete inspiration. His contributions to the recording industry included making several important records and technical innovations regarding modern multi track recording were earth shattering. He also innovated the solid body electric guitar to a height that is still the benchmark. Most importantly, his pleasant personality was shared by all. Les will be truly missed but he will live on forever in the hearts of music lovers and guitarists alike."

Bref il a influencé quelque personne , et inventé une guitare .

Avec tous le respect que je porte à Berry, Diddley et autres, je plussoie fortement Richards : encore debout à presque 70 piges, encore en forme, toujours une icône du Rock, survivants de ses excès passés, et avant tout le guitariste et compositeur du groupe de Rock le plus influent de tous les temps (je passe sur les Beatles qui sont globalement plus Pop).

Mais comme la musique n'est pas une compétition, chacun voit son génie comme il l'entend.

PS : Sans remettre en question l'influence de Mr. Les Paul, les commentaires posthumes ne sont pas un très bon argument, c'est plus facile de faire l'éloge d'un défunt que de son vivant.

"PS : Sans remettre en question l'influence de Mr. Les Paul, les commentaires posthumes ne sont pas un très bon argument, c'est plus facile de faire l'éloge d'un défunt que de son vivant."

je pense pas qu'il y est besoin de commentaire , Mr Keith Richards a joué sur une Les Paul .

Des éloges de gens vivants j'en connais pas des masses , mais va sur youtube t'a des vidéos de Les Paul jouant avec pleins de grand guitariste qui ont les yeux qui brilles .

syle

God of Partoch
23 photos
22897 messages
Modérateur
Fightforfun, je t'avoue que je n'ai pas tout lu.
Les commentaires dithyrambiques post-mortem, on connait...
Ce qui est amusant, c'est que ces hommages lui sont rendus essentiellement pour le remercier de l'invention d'une guitare : la Les Paul.
Seulement, ce qui est assez fun, c'est qu'il n 'a jamais inventé la Les Paul...
Il a inventé la "Log", guitare électrique expérimentale rudimentaire, et basta.
la Les Paul, c'est l'équipe de Mac Carthy, qui l'a inventée... Les Paul n'a servi que de prête-nom, à but commercial.
Maintenant, THE question is : qui a déjà écouté la musique de Les Paul ? pas des masses.
Qui le site dans ses influences musicales ? Personne...

fightforfun a écrit :

"PS : Sans remettre en question l'influence de Mr. Les Paul, les commentaires posthumes ne sont pas un très bon argument, c'est plus facile de faire l'éloge d'un défunt que de son vivant."

je pense pas qu'il y est besoin de commentaire , Mr Keith Richards a joué sur une Les Paul .

Des éloges de gens vivants j'en connais pas des masses , mais va sur youtube t'a des vidéos de Les Paul jouant avec pleins de grand guitariste qui ont les yeux qui brilles .

Richards a en effet joué sur une Les Paul, tout comme Joe Perry, Jimmy Page et quantité d'autres guitaristes que j'admire, je ne remet en question son influence en tant qu'inventeur, il a tout simplement inventé la guitare la plus populaire, mythique et iconique. cependant ce que je remet en question c'est son influence en tant que musicien. Je ne suis pas sûr que des masses de guitaristes revendiquent comme influence musicale Les Paul, alors que des guitaristes ultra connus qui se sont dit fan de Jimmy Page ou Jimi Hendrix, on ne les compte plus. Quand au fait que ces guitaristes là reste émus face à cet homme, je veux bien les comprendre, il a inventé la guitare intemporelle...

sakatrapo

God of Partoch
7 photos
25763 messages
scuze! mais pour moi les stones c'est avant tout Brian Jones avec un très gros talent, Richards est sympa mais il doit tant à Ry cooder et à d'autres....

sakatrapo
sakatrapo a écrit :
scuze! mais pour moi les stones c'est avant tout Brian Jones avec un très gros talent, Richards est sympa mais il doit tant à Ry cooder et à d'autres....

Comme tant d'autres, chaque guitariste empreinte voir pique tout aux générations précédentes, l'important c'est ce qu'ils en font, Richards avec les Stones ont ramené le Blues au devant. Sans renier les prédécesseurs Richards est quand même devenu une icône avec un style particulier, pas forcément le sien, mais de loin le plus emblèmatique.

syle

God of Partoch
23 photos
22897 messages
Modérateur
Richards a toujours été un boulimique de musique, et de blues en particulier.
Donc, des influences, on en retrouve des tonnes dans son jeu.
Il les revendique lui-même.
Seulement, il fait partie des mecs qui ont digéré leurs influences pour sortir quelque chose de vraiment nouveau.
Lui, son fonds de commerce, c'est le riff qui tue...
Ca ne se faisait pas avant lui. Maintenant, tout le monde fait ça...
A ce titre, il aura plus apporté que les explorations exotiques du certes talentueux Brian Jones.
D'autant que les ziques des Stones, c'est Richards qui les a écrites, pas Jones...

hendrixyoung

Artiste très motivé
3 photos
276 messages
Je reviens sur un sacré groupe: Led Zep !!!
avec l'étonnant Jimmy Page

corey-le-bourrin

God of Partoch
1 photo
12278 messages
l'étonnant jimmy page, le fabuleur john bonhal, l'incroyable robert plant et l'hallucinant john paul jones

www.brain-salad-surgery.deviantart.com
www.lukaleblond.skyblog.com
image du forum
Les Sagittaires sont calmes, doués, inspirés, et en plus ils sont sympas

>> Plan du Forum Fans | suivi de la discussion | Tags : groupe, temps, les, rock, meilleur, ect, tal, punk, aussi

+